We offer physical, occupational and speech therapy plus a variety of specialty programs. A privately held company based in Folsom, California. In addition to our skilled nursing and acute care contracts we own and operates outpatient clinics throughout the state.
Our outpatient services, provided in our network of clinics, include a full array of physical rehabilitation while providing, evaluating and treating for a variety of orthopedic and neurological conditions. Being the premier provider of outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy throughout California and especially the Sacramento and northern region.
Our long term care division of the company provides inpatient services across the entire health care spectrum. They include acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, adult day health centers and employer-based occupational health clinics. The company also manages therapy programs in many locations throughout California.
- 1978 - Burger Rehabilitation Systems Inc. is founded by Carol Burger P.T. MBA
- 1979 - First outpatient clinic opened
- 1982 - Clinic certified as a rehab agency; OT and Speech Therapy services added
- 1983 - First acute care hospital contract
- 1988 - Acquired 2nd outpatient clinic
- 1994 - Opened two additional outpatient clinics; established home health and ergonomic/risk management consulting divisions
- 1996 - Established first employer-based therapy clinic for a local utility company; selected by a major hospital manage its rehab programs
- 1994-97 Selected as one of the "100 fastest growing companies" by the Sacramento Business Journal
- 1997 - Expanded outpatient services to two additional locations; establishment of school-based pediatric therapy program
- 1998 - Expanded outpatient services to two additional locations; selected "Best in Business – Service Company" by the Sacramento Business Journal
- 1999 - Selected by the UC Davis Medical Group as the exclusive provider of therapy services for its HMO members; opened 9th outpatient clinic
- 2000 - Opened 10th and 11th outpatient clinic; nearly 50 acute, SNF, ICF,CCRC and Alf’s under contract
- 2001 - Opened 12th outpatient clinic, a pediatric specialty clinic
- 2002 - Added 5 more SNF sites in Northern California; selected “Associate of the Year” Region II CAHF
- 2003 - Celebrated 25th anniversary
- 2006-07 Selected “One of the Best Companies to Work for” by Comstock’s Magazine
- 2008 - Celebrated 30th anniversary
- 2008 – Implemented Electronic Medical Records (EMR) throughout our Outpatient network including documentation, centralized scheduling, electronic billing, and patient satisfaction
- 2008-12 - Selected #1 Provider of Physical Therapy Services In the Sacramento Area by the Sacramento Business Journal
- 2013 – Celebrated 35th anniversary
- 2014 – Carol Burger President was named “Business Women of the Year” by the Sacramento Metro Chamber of Commerce
Restorative Nursing Programs
Give your skilled nursing facility a performance edge by training members of your facility nursing team as restorative aides. Update and improve patient care with quality restorative nursing programs.
Learn More »